Industrial Electrical Technician
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
Perform electrical troubleshooting and repair for the facility and production equipment. Lead total productive maintenance (TPM) teams on equipment restoration projects.
- Support all lean manufacturing and total productive maintenance (TPM) initiatives.
- Diagnose and repair electrical systems on/in facility, building utilities and production equipment with voltages ranging from 5 VDC to 600 VAC.
- Diagnose and repair furnace control systems including SCR’s, temperature control devices, thermal couples, heating elements and electric actuated control valves.
- Diagnose and repair all CNC controlled equipment to include drives, inverters, P/C modules, motors, encoders and communication devices.
- Diagnose and repair all HMI, PC and PLC controlled equipment including I/O modules, sensors, touch screen panels, interlock circuits and machine safety devices.
- Perform tests using a variety of equipment (oscilloscope, frequency generator, frequency counter, vacuum Helium leak detector, and multi-meters, etc).
- Install electrical conduit and wiring.
- Establish and follow Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedules and procedures for equipment.
- Use and read blue prints, schematics, flow diagrams and one line drawings to diagnose and repair production equipment.
- Use mathematical formulas to solve for Area, Volume, Amperes, Ohms, Watts and other common maintenance related problems.
- Provide training to maintenance technicians as required.
- General department housekeeping and support of 5-S+1 program.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards
- Ensures compliance with Company IPM/QPM and ISO-9000 quality requirements
The marginal duties and responsibilities (performed occasionally or at irregular intervals) for this position are:
- Performing other tasks in the facility, as needed.
- Travel, as required, for training.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ten (10) years experience in medium or heavy industrial manufacturing environment with electronic control devices, especially CNC machines, laser cutting equipment or industrial furnaces.
- Completion of electronics trade school or AA degree in electronics or related field may substitute for some of the required experience
- Forklift certification
- Certify color vision per electrical specifications.
- Must be able to pass job related tests.
- Must have own hand tools
- Knowledge of industrial electrical systems (480/277 vac, 3 phase)
- Ability to read, interpret blueprints and equipment manuals
- Understanding of preventative maintenance systems
- Ability to read, interpret and understand work in-process documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of ownership and accountability
- Lean skills continually drives process improvements
- Team building skills
- Must be fluent in English, i.e. speaking, reading, writing preferred
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.