- Orangeburg, NY, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
- Diagnosing and repairing problems with electronic controls and associated systems relative to industrial equipment operations. This includes Motor Controls, Programmable Controls, CNC Controls, Relay Logic, Power Supplies and other various controls and assemblies including but not limited to
- 3 phase industrial power, Thyristor power control, IGBT power control
- PLC ladder logic, Stand alone and PC based HMI systems
- VOMs, Oscilloscopes, Ammeters, Meggers, and other various electronic instrumentation for troubleshooting and repair of devices / PC boards to component level.
- DC Servo motor control, PWM motor control, Variable frequency motor control.
- Design and development of circuits and assemblies to assist in troubleshooting and to repair or improve reliability, service ability and capability of production equipment.
- Accountability for the documentation of test results, method of repair and maintenance history.
- Collaborating with vendor service representatives to resolve system design deficiencies.
- Performing calibrations on electronic/electrical devices per supervisory instruction as part of the plants existing calibration control program.
- Assist in the general mechanical maintenance of production and facility equipment.
- Assist in the general production for processing of customer parts when necessary.
- Install equipment to manufacturer specifications and test for proper performance.
- Maintain equipment and update records of maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and power transmission systems using multimeters, pressure/vacuum/flow gauges, and temperature /humidity recording gauges to known historical standards to insure proper performance.
- Interface with other departments and advice of maintenance procedures or equipment malfunctions, which would affect that department's operations.
- Assist in general electrical maintenance of production and facilities equipment.
- Required to report to appropriate leadership member if any dangerous or potentially dangerous situations or conditions arise
- B.S. of Engineer or equivalent
- 5 years’ prior employment in a electronics’ field
- Strong understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical apparatus, and their interaction in electronic control systems.
- Must be able to proficiently read electrical drawings.
- Must have an Electronics integration background
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.