Plater - Weekends Only Day Shift (4th Shift)
- 5161 W Polk St, Phoenix, AZ 85043, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advance repair and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group Company. For more information, visit www.sequa.com
This position is a WEEKENDS ONLY Shift. Your shift will work Friday, Saturday and Sunday 5:00AM-5:30PM
Electro plate turbine components, which include setting up the plating equipment, tanks, and fixtures. Performs tank maintenance, verifies and adds materials to maintain tank chemistry as required to the specifications.
- Turn the tanks on obtain temperature, adds materials as necessary
- Following technical data prepares the component for plating
- Wax, trim, dry hone, blows out internal cavities with air
- Ultrasonic clean, racks components to plate
- Adjusts amperage, voltage, observes gauges to ensure plating requirements are within range.
- Connects anodes and cathodes and plates component to specification
- Measures thickness, using XRF measuring technique,
- When necessary, calculates additional plating time to achieve thickness
- Unload, demask, ultrasonic clean finish product
- Correctly document travelers after operations have been performed
- Accurately updates logbooks
- Track hourly performance (pitch)
- Ensures compliance with Company IPM/QPM and ISO quality requirements
- Adheres to all Company safety standards and requirements PPE
- Maintain, implement and improve 5-S Principles
- Follow and utilize Lean Manufacturing principles
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Values and Code of Ethical Standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to follow written/oral directions and instructions
- Ability to accurately interpret technique sheets and diagrams
- Ability to sit and or stand for long period of time
- Mechanical skills good eye hand coordination and dexterity
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to openly receive constructive feedback willingness to accept and drive change
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and or can react to changing priorities
- Self-motivated with a high level of ownership and accountability
- Good communication skills
- List preferred job related qualifications if different from above.
- Strong problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Flexible to work overtime and holidays as required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Aerospace experience preferred but not required
- Basic Math skills, add, subtract, divide, multiply
- Basic computer skills
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.