- 5161 W Polk St, Phoenix, AZ 85043, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advance repair and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group Company. For more information, visit www.sequa.com
POSITION SUMMARY: The basic purpose or function of this intern position is support site leadership with operation related projects and process improvement initiatives. The intern will be tasked with developing tools which will enable leadership.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
- Assists in the development of process improvement projects and Kaizen deliverables
- Work with operations leadership in mapping current state processes targeted for improvement
- Assist in implementation of lean tools and six sigma tools
- Help with implementation of current projects deliverables
- Develop digital information systems used to communicate real time process
- Follow all safety and quality regulations in the production floor
- Completes other duties as assigned by leadership
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in operations management or related fields
- 30+ hours of management or related core courses completed preferred
- Position requires excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, strong data analysis & technical problem solving, strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.