Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- 30 Dart Rd, Newnan, GA 30265, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
BASIC POSITION FUNCTION:
Responsible for technical/production support, process/product development and optimization of Aerospace and Industrial gas turbine systems for assigned areas and its applicability to NPI, Repair and OEM businesses. Leading significant project teams producing new designs, repairs and processes; utilizing Lean tools and methodologies to positively impact the business metrics.
- Conduct design, inspections, modeling and analysis of new and repaired turbine, compressor, and combustor components
- Apply CPEX tools and concepts on product/process subsystems or manufacturing systems
- Optimize the production process, product design using a robust lean problem-solving methodology, with quantifiable impact to business metrics
- Develop KPIs to effectively manage process and product outcomes
- Utilize project management skills to lead assigned projects/programs to successful completion considering technical, budgetary, manpower and schedule requirements
- Own traditional machining and non-conventional process including milling, turning, drilling, EDM & grinding
- Support Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and First Article Inspection (FAI) with OEM customers
- Collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop component designs and repairs, which meet site, Chromalloy and customer requirements for cost, performance, and durability.
- Engage with the other engineers at the site to collaborate on projects and development of robust solutions impacting site operational and financial performance, utilizing Chromalloy Performance Excellence (CPEX) tools; positively impacting the end customer
- Make technical decisions on product/process design and provide definition to the team to ensure mutual success.
- Own all technical aspects of assigned components and or processes from initial concept through all manufacturing stages.
- Identify, develop and implement tooling/equipment improvements. Troubleshoot process/production problems and implement actions/solutions, monitor sustainability of actions and report out results.
- Prepare accurate written technical reports, specifications, procedures and manuals
- Prepare and deliver presentations of work to all levels of external and internal customers
- Train and mentor less experienced technical staff
- Work in manufacturing, lab and field environments. Occasional travel required.
- Consistently demonstrates our Values, People Philosophy and Continuous Improvement Culture
- Takes ownership of commitments and consistently drives to meet objectives. Takes initiative to set goals if none are in place. Holds self and others accountable.
- Takes initiative to make recommendations and act on high impact priorities
- Strives to understand the business impact of internal projects/decisions; seek guidance from experts and other functions when making decisions with potentially high impact
- Receives and gives feedback to improve self and others
- Understands direct responsibility and the role within the team; balances operational and functional priorities. Develops mutual trust with supervisors and cross-functional peers
- Understands place in the overall vision of the company and routinely asks where the business/site/function are going
8-12 years of experience in the Aerospace or Industrial gas turbine engine mechanical design discipline
BS Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or Aerospace) Required
- Knowledge of gas turbine design methodologies yielding cost effective, producible designs
- Knowledge of gas turbine manufacturing processes, high temperature alloys, finite element analysis, and 3D CAD modeling
- · Intermediate or Advanced CAD/CAM software experience (NX, PTC Creo, SolidWorks, or equivalent)
- · Experience with CNC/DNC programming strongly preferred (NX CAM, Creo CAM, GibbsCAM, SolidWork CAM, or Mastercam)
- Knowledge of various measuring techniques including CMM, Blue-light/laser scanning, adhesion, hardness, gages, ... etc. and their use in developing designs
- Understanding of various aspects of turbine component manufacturing (forging, casting, machining, heat treat, braze, stress relief, ...etc.) and inspections
- Familiar with all aspects of inspection, GD&T, interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing specifications
- Knowledge of FAA guidelines for PMA and RS-DER requirements and compliance testing preferred
- Working knowledge of program management tools and skill set
- Thoughtful and effective communications skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Teams, Teams Meeting, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.