Sr. Budget Analyst
- 2521 South Clark Street, Arlington, VA, United States
O’KEEFFECPA & Associates is seeking a highly driven Mid-Level DoD Senior Budget Analyst with a minimum of 10 years direct experience supporting the PPBE cycle. Candidate will display a strong work ethic to work closely with our Government client. Successful candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills, quantitative, research, analytical skills and the capability to contribute to the many budget activities that the program undertakes. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, creative, forward-thinking and willing to help solve problems for our clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The position requires an extensive background in DoD/Army planning, programming, budgeting & execution system (PPBE) to assist in the performance of routine programming functions such as the formulation, execution, and review of budgets of several projects and initiatives within a Defense Business System environment. Duties include:
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, Weapons System Review (WSR) packages, independent government cost estimates (IGCEs), IT300 reports, SmartCharts
• Obtaining funding approval and authorization
• Develop annual operating programs and spend plans
• Budget execution
• Financial analysis and reporting
• Support program leadership by coordinating all interagency (i.e., internal and external stakeholders, both within the Government and internationally) interaction, including coordinating with staff and leadership of other organizations, and planning and executing internal and external meetings (e.g., sending out meeting requests; ensuring background documentation is prepared; developing an agenda; setting up the meeting space, web-conference, and/or teleconference), scientific conferences and special events.
Skills and Background Desired
• At least 10 years experience in U.S. Army PPBE process and Bachelor's degree required
• Current experience with GFEBS
• Advanced knowledge of the Army Force Structure and logistics processes
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Must be self-directed and detail-oriented
• Have a active SECRET security clearance. (Please note that only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.)
O’KeeffeCPA & Associates is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. O’KeeffeCPA & Associates recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.