Senior Tax Accountant - Richmond, VA
- 1 N 5th St, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
O'KeeffeCPA & Associates is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to join our high performing team at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. (Full or Part Time avalible)
Local CPA Firm is seeking an experienced full-time Senior Tax Accountant or CPA, with 10 or more years experience preparing tax returns. For this position the applicant will need to be able to prepare and/or review individual and business tax returns. Tax prep of other types of tax returns is a plus. Pay is based on experience and production. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Reviews financial records, such as prior tax return forms, income statements, and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare return
• Computes taxes owed and completes entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables
• Consults tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedure for preparation of atypical returns
• Represents tax clients before the IRS and State Tax Agencies for resolution of Non-Compliance and Notice matters.
Skills and Background Desired
• 10 - 15 years of in-depth experience in U.S. based tax preparation with small business returns, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax and accounting tasks and tax knowledge
• In-depth knowledge and experience in Federal Tax S-Corporate returns
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in accounting
• Current CPA license or CPA Candidate and must be in good standing with the VBoA
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Must be a U.S. citizen due to certain client restrictions
This firm is very entrepreneurial and consulting oriented. Work environment is not at all typical of the public accounting grind and we offer a very reasonable work/life balance along with a competitive compensation package including a 401K plan.
O'KeeffeCPA & Associates is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities.
O'KeeffeCPA & Associates recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.