Senior Budget Analyst
- 9701 Gunston Rd,, Fort Belvoir, VA, United States
OKEEFFECPA & Associates is seeking a highly driven Senior Budget/Program Analyst with a minimum of 10 years direct experience supporting the PPBE cycle. Candidate will display a strong work ethic to work closely with our Government client. Successful candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills, quantitative, research, analytical skills and the capability to contribute to the many budget activities that the program undertakes. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, creative, forward-thinking and willing to help solve problems for our clients.
Senior Budget Analyst needs to be a trained General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) certified employee to provide financial/budget management. For this position, a Bachelor’s degree in
accounting or related field or preferably a Master’s degree in a related field is
preferred with a minimum 8-10 years of related experience performing a variety of budgetary functions, including monitoring and tracking obligations and planned expenditures for assigned activity accounts on related government budgetary systems, forms, schedules, and reports in accordance with the annual work plan and regulatory controls.
The Senior Budget Analyst shall assist perform the following task:
• Review and research financial systems, contracts and other documents for
unliquidated obligation balances. Load and maintain data in spreadsheets
and financial accounting records regarding obligations for contracts, travel,
training, awards, and labor. Involves records on Military Interdepartmental
Purchase Requests (MIPRs), and PCSs.
• Prepare management level reports and presentations on funding and
• Provide assistance with coordination activities to complete and respond to
external funding source office’s requests for financial and funding data, to
include assisting in estimating cost of required activities.
• Provide assistance with annual Planning, Programming, Budget, and
Execution (PPBE) of funds.
• Complete transactions in the GFEBS and LMP systems as directed to record obligations and de-obligations.
• Provide assistance with developing data and reports to support Staff
Assistance Visits, Schedule of Budgetary Activity (SBA) audits and
Management Internal Controls Program checklist completion.
• Track and provide weekly reports on obligations against OSD goals
monthly and financial findings.
• Provide assistance with Year-end close-out.
• Provide assistance with preparation of analysis of Establish and maintain a
configuration management process that assures complete traceability of all
requirements, specifications, production plans, changes, and related
• Be proficient in GFEBS, LMP, and DTS. Proficiency in CCARS is preferred.
- Experience in administrative, professional, technical, or other responsible work that utilizes knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Experience analyzing problems, drawing logical conclusions, and communicating effectively with others.
- Experience using computer and automation systems, extensive Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Must have at least 10 years' experience in DoD budget analysis, budget methods, and operating procedures, with at least 10 years’ experience using GFEBs.
- Experience in comparing figures in relationships between program plans and budgetary data, and expressing thoughts in a logical written format.
- BS/BA required with preference in Business, Finance, or Economics.
- DoD budget analysis experience required (Army preferred).
- Must possess a Secret security clearance.
O'KeeffeCPA & Associates is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities.
O'KeeffeCPA & Associates recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.