Environmental Services Associate I
- Posted Wage: $17.45 - $19.75 / hour (pay offered will be based on relevant work experience)
If you are considering a position at Christian Living Communities | Cappella Living Solutions, we have a wide range of benefits to consider! These may vary based on the status of the role (PT, FT, or PRN).
- Health Coverage
- Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement (with match)
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off plan
At CLC-Cappella, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond a job's essential requirements. In some cases, the information in a job description may have skills that you are not sure are in line with your previous experience. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, and if you have valid licensure (if required), please still consider applying with us. We have found that diversity of experience and skills, combined with a passion for older adults makes for an excellent team member.
We are a faith-based organization that welcomes people of all beliefs or non-beliefs, and we encourage people from all faiths and backgrounds to apply to our positions. You will find an inclusive and diverse work environment. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the interview process.
Please note, consistent with state and federal mandates, being fully vaccinated from COVID-19 is a condition of employment.
This position requires competency in both housekeeping and laundry functions. Although normally assigned to one function, individuals in this job must be competent and willing to perform the duties of the other function as directed. Responsible for the cleanliness and proper sanitation of all resident apartments and common areas of the community. Performs detailed cleaning of residents rooms and prepares empty rooms for move- ins. Responsible for the laundering of linens, drapes, and resident personal clothing within the assigned area of service.
- Responsible for dusting and polishing furniture to include picture frames, mirrors and other items in the room.
- Washes and disinfects all countertops and sink areas according to specified procedures.
- Mops and disinfects bathrooms and floors; vacuums all carpeted areas.
- Responsible for refilling paper products and soap dispensers; empties trash.
- Vacuums and mops common areas, nursing stations, hallways, med rooms and utility rooms.
- Responsible for cleaning of common areas and public bathrooms on each unit.
- Performs detailed cleaning assignments as directed.
- Ensures washing and drying machines are in use consistently
- Collects, sorts, washes, dries, and folds resident personal clothing, including linens, rags, and mop heads.
- Delivers clean personal items to the appropriate resident.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- 3 –6 months experience in housekeeping and/or laundry procedures, preferably in a medical facility preferred.
- Ability to complete tasks from a checklist operation schedule.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Moderate to heavy physical activity required by exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 45 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 22 pounds of force constantly.
- Constant standing, walking, and grasping. Frequent stooping and reaching above shoulder heights, occasional sitting, crawling, kneeling, and squatting.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals.
- May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable diseases possible.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.
This is a M-F, Full-time position
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.