- 200 Sterling Dr, Hopkinsville, KY 42240, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-based not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
Christian Care Hopkinsville offers quality senior living experience on our lovely 40-acre tree-lined community with an array of garden home styles, apartments and services.
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
The Dietary Manager is responsible for managing the food service department and providing nutritional services for residents, developing and implementing nutrition programs, and evaluating and reporting the results.
- Ensures the planning and development of meals that meet nutrition standards by working with the dietitian to establish nutritional guidelines.
- Plans nutritionally balanced & therapeutic meals that reflect the likes and dislikes of residents
- Develops menus to meet the nutritional needs of residents includes maintaining production sheets, cyclical menus, and suitable recipes, all of which must be approved by the Registered Dietician.
- Ensures the Preparation of meals for regular and therapeutic diets, following physicians’ orders for individual residents.
- Maintains a perpetual inventory with all related records and activities, and makes periodic reports as required.
- Processes new diet orders and diet changes when received from nursing service, and keeps diet cards updated.
- Presents and interprets planning information to the Administrator
- Plans the operating food service budget; monitors monthly expenditures including the weekly inventory of food and supplies. Ensures the compilation and presentation of fiscal and program performance information.
- Plans and presents in-service education programs for the Dietary Department. Works with department staff in the development of food and nutrition goals and objectives which provides cost effective services that meet established guidelines of nutrition and sanitation.
- Manages the work of supervisory, skilled and unskilled staff responsible for the preparation and serving of meals and sanitation of work areas.
- Ensures staffing, training, and evaluation of staff. Prepares monthly departmental schedules, maintains adequate staffing.
- Participates as a contributing member of the facility Safety Committee.
- Personifies outstanding customer service to co-workers, clients and vendors by acting as a subject matter resource in a timely, considerate and friendly manner, always maintaining the “Golden Rule” approach; practices patience and kindness.
Required Education: Associate's degree in food service related field from an accredited college or technical school; or be a Certified Dietary Manager
Required Experience: 5 years’ experience in food service, hospital, or long-term care setting; 3 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory role
Required License and/or Certification: Food Handler Certificate issued by ServSafe or Health Department or able to obtain within 6 months of employment
Preferred License and/or Certification: Certified Dietary Manager
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.