- 12710 Townepark Way, Suite 1000, Middletown, KY, United States
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
Headquartered in Louisville, Christian Care employs more than 800 employees who support programs throughout Kentucky.
- Reports to the Director of Central Business Office
- Hours - Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
The Billing Specialist is primarily responsible for the timely and efficient billing and collections of the account receivables.
- Prepares monthly billing for Christian Care’s Assisted Living (AL), Personal Care (PC), and Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) as assigned.
- Mails invoices to private pay residents and bills Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers for long term care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services.
- Performs extensive account follow up on unpaid claims by using the payer websites and portals as well as phone calls when necessary.
- Makes phone calls to responsible parties on private balances that are overdue.
- Identifies and report trends within specific payor categories that create payment challenges.
- Required Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Required Experience: 2 years’ billing experience; 1year experience with insurance verification and the admission process within a long term care setting.
- Preferred Experience: Nonprofit sector; multi-facility healthcare or social service environment; post-acute care billing, reimbursement and regulatory requirements including Medicaid and Medicare and third party payers; experience with Vision software.
- Working knowledge of various software programs such as Microsoft Office products including, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; the claims clearinghouse and the different insurance websites or portals for checking claim status.
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.