Business Office Liaison
- 116 S Commonwealth Ave, Corbin, KY 40701, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-based not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
At Christian Care Communities in Corbin, you’ll find a thoughtful combination of well-appointed senior living choices, peace of mind, and a warm, small-town feeling. The residents have the support and assisted services they need to live independent, secure and fulfilled lifestyles. Residents can choose from two-bedroom garden homes, one-bedroom and studio apartments, or receive skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services from the award-winning Christian Health Center. The beautiful and well-manicured community is within walking distance of shopping and entertainment, yet it offers a peaceful, garden-like atmosphere. Residents benefit from the physical, emotional, social and spiritual care services they need to live secure and fulfilled lifestyles as their care needs change.
The Business Office Liaison is responsible for:
- Initiates contact with residents and responsible parties on admission day to obtain copies of insurance cards; contacts family to obtain if copies are not in admission packets.
- Explains and provides on-going updates on insurance coverage information and billing process
- Obtains insurance authorization, verification, and precertification.
- Adds Funding Coverages.
- Enters all Outpatient therapy demographics and insurance information.
- Manages and maintains resident files and records.
- Collects payments.
- Completes daily deposits and cash journal.
- Manages petty cash.
- Verifies statements from Medical Vendors for correctness, code, and forwards to A/P.
- Reviews aging for credit balances.
- Provides insurance information to ancillary providers.
- Enters Ancillary charges in Vision (Lab, X-ray, pharmacy, transportation, etc.)
- Responds to vendor inquiries; analyzes vendor accounts and negotiates extended terms with vendors.
- Completes and forwards invoices to CBO staff and A/P.
Resident Trust Account:
- Sets up RTA in Vision for new residents.
- Assists residents with their personal spending accounts; makes deposits, provides cash withdrawals or writes checks.
- Ensures posting to accounts and reconciles monthly.
- Enters Hair Care and Television Charges into Vision.
- Informs beautician of account status weekly.
- Sends requests to Social Security to move the direct deposit to Christian Care.
- Completes forms for CCC in order to become responsible payee.
- Attends morning meetings to obtain and/or give updates.
- Oversees the maintenance and operation of business office equipment to include fax machines, copiers, and postage machine.
- Covers breaks and lunch for receptionist.
- Assist Administrator as needed.
- Reviews correspondence as receives and forwards to appropriate department if needed.
Required Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Preferred Education: Associate or bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting
Required Experience: 1 year administrative/clerical/accounting experience
Preferred Experience: 2 years’ experience in billing or accounting in health care; insurance transactions and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement systems
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.