LPN Licensed Practical Nurse
- 1800 Westen St, Bowling Green, KY 42104, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
Village Manor is Bowling Green’s distinguished and award-winning senior living community offering a full continuum of care – independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing care at our Christian Health Center. The beautiful apartment homes are complemented by well-manicured gardens and luxurious gathering spaces to accommodate family and friends. Residents of Village Manor have an elegantly appointed community that provides the physical, emotional, social and spiritual care services they need to live secure and fulfilled lifestyles as their care needs change.
The LPN is responsible for demonstrating knowledge and application of job duties within scope of practice and functions under the direction of the Director of Nursing; supervises nursing activities and provides direct nursing care during assigned duty hours; participates in unit activities, promotes independence, encourages socialization, and advocates for the quality of life of our residents!
The incumbent performs job responsibilities without posing a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Initiates a resident education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by Physician and/or organization policy
- Explains procedures and treatments to resident and family, to gain cooperation, understanding, and to allay apprehension
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and to assess condition of resident
- Documents nursing history and physical assessments of assigned residents
- Observes resident; records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient’s condition, reaction to drugs, treatments or if there is a significant incident
- Notifies resident’s physician and appropriate responsible party/POA when there is a change in the resident’s condition or upon the death of a resident
- Prepares equipment and accompanies and aids physicians during rounds; assists with examinations, and consults with physician as necessary in planning resident care, treatment and rehabilitation
- Performs emergency treatment when necessary based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
Required License and/or Certification: Licensed as LPN, Commonwealth of Kentucky
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.