LPN Licensed Practical Nurse
- 101 Sexton Way, Midway, KY 40347, USA
As Kentucky’s first Green House® Residence, The Homeplace at Midway is reinventing senior living. The value of a Green House Residence begins and ends with increased satisfaction for our residents, their families and our staff. Everyone contributes to the welcoming atmosphere of The Homeplace, making our community a remarkable place work and live.
Our community is designed to promote physical, emotional and social wellness, serving our residents with opportunities to engage daily in meaningful pursuits. We base our standard of care on the personal relationships between residents and staff, getting to know each individual and caring for them as if they were our own family.
The Homeplace at Midway is a part of Christian Care Communities, which was founded in 1884 and is Kentucky’s largest faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
Located in the epicenter of the thoroughbred industry, Midway, KY is a uniquely friendly and quaint town with a noticeable spirit. The streets of Midway offer visitors an exceptional, relaxing experience including some of the best restaurants in Central Kentucky, as well as local shops, cozy tea rooms and beautiful local architecture offering visitor an exceptional and relaxing experience.
The LPN is responsible for demonstrating knowledge and application of job duties within scope of practice and functions under the direction of the Director of Nursing; supervises nursing activities and provides direct nursing care during assigned duty hours; participates in unit activities, promotes independence, encourages socialization, and advocates for the quality of life of our residents!
The LPN performs job responsibilities without posing a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Initiates a resident education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by Physician and/or organization policy
- Explains procedures and treatments to resident and family, to gain cooperation, understanding, and to allay apprehension
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and to assess condition of resident
- Documents nursing history and physical assessments of assigned residents
- Observes resident; records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient’s condition, reaction to drugs, treatments or if there is a significant incident
- Notifies resident’s physician and appropriate responsible party/POA when there is a change in the resident’s condition or upon the death of a resident
- Prepares equipment and accompanies and aids physicians during rounds; assists with examinations, and consults with physician as necessary in planning resident care, treatment and rehabilitation
- Performs emergency treatment when necessary based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Notifies the physician of the emergency and carries out physician orders.
- Supervises work of nursing assistant(s) to include recruitment, hiring, staff development and training, appraising, rewarding and disciplining, when necessary.
- Handles complaints and reported suspicion of abuse or neglect appropriately.
- Participates in departmental or unit quality improvement activities.
- Attends required in-service meetings and trainings, and participates on other committees as assigned.
- Performs direct nursing care and other duties of Nursing Services employees when necessary.
Required License and/or Certification: Licensed as RN or LPN, Commonwealth of Kentucky
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.