DON Director of Nursing
- 1800 Westen St, Bowling Green, KY 42104, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
Village Manor is Bowling Green’s distinguished and award-winning senior living community offering a full continuum of care – independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing care at our Christian Health Center. The beautiful apartment homes are complemented by well-manicured gardens and luxurious gathering spaces to accommodate family and friends. Residents of Village Manor have an elegantly appointed community that provides the physical, emotional, social and spiritual care services they need to live secure and fulfilled lifestyles as their care needs change.
The Director of Nursing is primarily responsible for the overall direction of an effective, ongoing nursing program to assess, measure, and improve quality of nursing care delivered to residents and/or patients by directing staff and other assigned professionals.
- Assures that an adequate number of appropriately trained professional and auxiliary Nursing Services personnel are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the residents and the department.
- Monitors MDS submission process, approves admissions, and ensures medical equipment for each resident has been acquired.
- Reviews deficiencies, complaints, problems and weaknesses received from inspections, audits, administrative reviews, residents and/or responsible persons, staff, and other parties; plans and/or executes appropriate corrective/preventative action, and reports plans and actions to the Administrator.
- Directs, develops, administers, reviews, assesses, and, as necessary, revises a comprehensive written plan of care for each resident.
- Performs administrative duties including maintenance of written policies, procedures, job descriptions, reference library of nursing material, quality assurance program, and organizational structure.
- Completes various medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charts and other documents.
- Participates in evaluating, selecting, and integrating healthcare technology and information management systems that support resident and patient care needs and the efficient utilization of clinical resources.
- Performs direct nursing care and other duties of nursing services employees when necessary.
- Participates in quality assurance program; maintains an updated 802/672; manages the PPD for staffing.
- Evaluates QI/QM – implements corrective action plans related rankings.
- Attends and travels to organizational meetings or educational offerings.
- Recruits, hires, leads, motivates and provides strategic direction for and supervision of the department supervisors; holds staff accountable for achieving their operational goals
Required Education: Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
Required Experience: 3 years’ experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care, or related facility 5 years’ of experience in the nursing profession; knowledge of rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
Preferred Experience: Nonprofit sector
Required License: Unencumbered Registered Nurse license from Commonwealth of KY
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.