- 200 Sterling Dr, Hopkinsville, KY 42240, USA
Christian Care Hopkinsville - Cornell Memory Center- offers quality senior living experience on our lovely 40-acre tree-lined community with an array of garden home styles, apartments and services. You’ll find a thoughtful combination of well-appointed senior living choices, peace of mind, and a warm, small-town feeling. Residents have the support and assisted services they need to live independent, secure and fulfilled lifestyles. Residents can choose from two-bedroom garden homes, one-bedroom and studio apartments, or receive skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services from the award-winning Christian Health Center. Our Adult Day Center uses the Best Friends Approach to care and is designed for adults who need assistance with daily living activities as a result of physical or cognitive impairments. Residents enjoy a welcoming community that provides the physical, emotional, social and spiritual care services they need to live secure and fulfilled lifestyles as their care needs change.
The Adult Day Program Associate is primarily responsible for coordinating personal and health related care, conducting activities, promoting independence, encouraging socialization, and advocating for the quality of life for the participants of the Adult Day Center while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
- Demonstrates skills and assists with personal care of participants, including but not limited to:
- changing soiled clothing
- personal hygiene care as needed
- assisting in ambulation
- cueing clients to independently meet their own needs
- monitoring food and fluid intake
- all other areas of personal care services.
- Maintains participant's records according to regulations and established policies and procedures
- Notes and reports any changes in attitude, health, or needs of participants.
- Prepares and serves meals to participants recognizing special dietary requirements.
- Participates in program planning.
- Conducts program activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each participant.
- Sets up and operates equipment; leads games, singing, discussions and other programmed activities; conducts exercise activities, and interacts with participants on an individual basis.
- Works with volunteers as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Performs assigned duties to keep the facility safe, clean, and orderly.
- Maintains safe environment by recognizing, eliminating, and/or reporting hazards.
- Uses safety measures to assure safety of participants, visitors, and employees.
- Uses safe practices utilizing gait belts and mechanical lifts as deemed appropriate.
- Attends educational programs relevant to job responsibilities.
Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred Experience: 2 years’ experience working with older adults or in a long-term health care setting
Preferred License and/or Certification: Licensed as Nursing Assistant, Commonwealth of Kentucky; First Aid and CPR certified
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.