Staff Development Director / Coordinator
- 116 S Commonwealth Ave, Corbin, KY 40701, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
At Christian Care Communities in Corbin, you’ll find a thoughtful combination of well-appointed senior living choices, peace of mind, and a warm, small-town feeling. The residents have the support and assisted services they need to live independent, secure and fulfilled lifestyles. Residents can choose from two-bedroom garden homes, one-bedroom and studio apartments, or receive skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services from the award-winning Christian Health Center. The beautiful and well-manicured community is within walking distance of shopping and entertainment, yet it offers a peaceful, garden-like atmosphere. Residents benefit from the physical, emotional, social and spiritual care services they need to live secure and fulfilled lifestyles as their care needs change.
The Staff Development Director / Coordinator is primarily responsible encouraging the personal well-being and professional growth of all employees while ensuring current training and in-service education by collaborating with the human resources department and all department heads to ensure that ongoing education and development is implemented and maintained by conducting on-site education and staff improvement training sessions, ensuring issues surrounding compliance are satisfied.
- Assesses learning needs and designs in-service and continuing ed programs based on quality assurance data to meet needs and regulatory guidelines.
- Develops, implements, communicates and evaluates annual training plan.
- Develops specific teaching plans and programs to cover training needs for all roles on a regular and as needed basis.
- Maintain master copies of facility policy/procedure manuals and communications books.
- Works with the Director of Nursing (DON) to ensure quality of care is held to highest standard and all facility policies and procedures are carried out by every staff member.
- Participates in Quality Assurance Program related to the education and infection control program.
- Conduct CPR courses as needed to maintain facility policy and/or regulatory compliance.
- Required Education: Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Required Experience: 3 years’ experience as a licensed nurse
- Preferred Experience: Geriatric Nursing; CNA, CMT; Instructional design, long-term care
- Required Licensure: Licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky as a RN
- Required Certification: CPR Instructor or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire, Methods of Instruction (MOI) Certified or ability to achieve within 1 year of hire
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.