Chaplain Full Time
- 116 S Commonwealth Ave, Corbin, KY 40701, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
At Christian Care Communities in Corbin, you’ll find a thoughtful combination of well-appointed senior living choices, peace of mind, and a warm, small-town feeling. The residents have the support and assisted services they need to live independent, secure and fulfilled lifestyles. Residents can choose from two-bedroom garden homes, one-bedroom and studio apartments, or receive skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services from the award-winning Christian Health Center. The beautiful and well-manicured community is within walking distance of shopping and entertainment, yet it offers a peaceful, garden-like atmosphere. Residents benefit from the physical, emotional, social and spiritual care services they need to live secure and fulfilled lifestyles as their care needs change.
The Chaplain is responsible for initiating, developing and deepening, and bringing to an appropriate close, a mutual and empathic relationship with the volunteers, resident, family and/or staff; the development of a genuine relationship is at the core of chaplaincy care and underpins, even enables, all the other dimensions of chaplaincy care to occur.
This position reports to the Vice President of Mission Advancement and is a member of the organization-wide Pastoral Care Team.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree of Divinity from accredited seminary; 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education from ACPE (Association of Clinical Pastoral Education) accredited facility
- Required Experience: 2 years’ experience as ordained pastoral care provider
- Preferred Experience: Experience in a healthcare, senior living or gerentology setting
Required: 30 hours continuing education every 2 years, 20 hours pastoral care, 10 hours gerontology; denominational endorsement from his/her community of faith, and be an active member of a local church congregation.
Business travel is a requirement of position; proof of valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. If personal vehicle is used to transport self or others; proof of insurance of $100,000 single limit of liability
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.