CMT Certified Medication Tech
- 1800 Westen St, Bowling Green, KY 42104, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-based not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
Village Manor is Bowling Green’s distinguished and award-winning senior living community offering a full continuum of care – independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing care at our Christian Health Center. The beautiful apartment homes are complemented by well-manicured gardens and luxurious gathering spaces to accommodate family and friends. Residents of Village Manor have an elegantly appointed community that provides the physical, emotional, social and spiritual care services they need to live secure and fulfilled lifestyles as their care needs change.
CMT- Certified Medication Technician Responsibilities:
The Certified Medication Tech is responsible for administering medications as prescribed by the resident’s physician and documenting the administration, the medication effectiveness and any noted adverse actions or side effects of the medications.
Performs job responsibilities without posing a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician
- Observes, records and reports to the Staff Nurse symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
- Determines and records effectiveness of medications in a timely and accurate manner
- Provides and promotes resident’s rights during the administration of medications.
- Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the facility, administered and at change of shift as required.
- Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety.
- Reports any equipment or supply issues to the Staff Nurse for correction or repair.
- Obtains, records and reports vital signs as indicated during the administration of medications.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice.
- Required Education:High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Preferred Experience:1 or more years’ experience in a long-term health care setting
- Required License and/or Certification: Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) who has successfully completed a training program approved by the Commonwealth of Kentucky for medication administration, has an acceptable score on the written and clinical examinations and has received certification as Medication Tech.
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.