RN Registered Nurse
- 200 Sterling Dr, Hopkinsville, KY 42240, USA
As Kentucky’s largest faith inspired, non-profit provider of senior living communities and long-term care, Christian Care is ready to welcome you to your new home. We offer carefree senior living, assisted living, skilled nursing care, hospital to home care, day care programs for those living with Alzheimer’s, private duty nursing, rehab services – and so much more.
The RN is responsible for demonstrating knowledge and application of job duties within scope of practice and functions under the direction of the Director of Nursing; supervises nursing activities and provides direct nursing care during assigned duty hours; participates in unit activities, promotes independence, encourages socialization, and advocates for the quality of life of our residents!
Weekend $4 shift differential offered! All Shifts Available!
The incumbent performs job responsibilities without posing a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or Organization policy.
- Explains procedures and treatments to resident and family, to gain cooperation, understanding, and to allay apprehension.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and to assess condition of resident.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessments of assigned residents.
- Observes resident; records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient’s condition, reaction to drugs, treatments or if there is a significant incident.
- Notifies resident’s physician and appropriate responsible party/POA when there is a change in the resident’s condition or upon the death of a resident.
- Prepares equipment and accompanies and aids physicians during rounds; assists with examinations, and consults with physician as necessary in planning resident care, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Performs emergency treatment when necessary based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
Shift Differential offered! Newly adjusted compensation!
$4 increase for Weekend Shift pay!
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.