- 5220 Grey Oak Ln, Nicholasville, KY 40356, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-based not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
Best Friends Adult Day Center at Bridgepointe as Ashgrove Woods.
The Activities Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities and services that meet the interests and the physical, mental, and psycho-social well being of each resident to promote and maintain the residents’ sense of usefulness to self and others while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
The incumbent performs job responsibilities without posing a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of preliminary and comprehensive written plans of care for residents, identifying problems/needs and goals of the resident, and participating in discharge planning and resident assessments.
- Completes the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) which consists of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) Version 3.0, the Care Area Assessment (CAA) process, and the RAI Utilization Guidelines
- Assures appropriate charting documentation of activity related forms and assessments
- Participates in community planning and public/special events related to the interest of the facility and the services and needs of the residents and families.
- Plans, schedules, and supervises activities/events for residents which provide entertainment, intercommunication, exercise, relaxation, intellectual development, sensory and utilization of their talents.
- Encourages participation in activities insofar as practical.
- Operates activities/events within budgetary limits/allocation for program services.
- Encourages residents’ religious participation, coordinates needs with Chaplain, schedules and attends religious services, and provides spiritual material to residents on their request.
- Plans and supervises activities for room-bound residents including writing letters, running errands, reading and securing material for residents with sensory and hearing deficiencies.
- Arranges transportation to outside events/activities when necessary.
- Executes all décor needs from replacement of home furnishing to seasonal decorating.
- Develops a written plan of correction for activity deficiencies noted by appropriate authorities.
- Develops and submits written plans for any changes consisting of the elimination of, or addition of, any services as requested by the administrator.
- Obtains prior approval for requests or changes from Executive Director or designee.
- Required Education: High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Preferred Education: Associate’s degree from a 2-year college or technical school
- Required Experience: 2 years’ experience in a social or recreational program setting, at least one of which was in a /resident activity program in a health care setting
- Required Certification of Licensures: Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Preferred Certification or Licensures: Certified in Activities or able to obtain within 120 days of hire; Certified Nurse Aid
Weekend Shift Diff!
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.