Mission Advancement Coordinator
- 12710 Townepark Way, Middletown, KY 40243, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-based not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
The Mission Advancement Coordinator provides administrative support to the Vice President of Mission Advancement as well as to other members of the Mission Advancement Team (MAT). This position is primarily responsible for ensuring accurate gift and quality data entry, administration and maintenance of the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT and Crescendo Planned Giving Software systems while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
The incumbent performs job responsibilities without posing a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
1. Responsible for accurate data entry and maintenance of donor information in the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT database and the Crescendo Planned Giving Software. Oversees creating and maintaining donor records and gift information in the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT Software.
2. Conducts and organizes research on individuals, corporations and foundations with a geographic area of Christian Care Communities using a wide variety of source material.
3. Ensures the database remains accurate by routinely updating donor/prospect information with address changes, living or deceased and other changes using both active research and resources provided through the database.
4. Provides timely and accurate gift acknowledgments and tax receipts adhering to all appropriate laws.
5. In coordination with the VP of Mission Advancement, writes and updates gift acknowledgement letters as necessary.
6. Participates in the identification, rating, screening and maintenance of potential donors and prospects.
7. Evaluates and analyzes research data and writes in-depth reports for the MAT.
8. Maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT Software and the Crescendo Planned Giving Software.
9. Provides administrative support to VP Mission Advancement, including but not limited to: Answers telephone, schedules and coordinates appointments, prepares meeting materials, and coordinates travel arrangements and itineraries; Organizes and maintains files; Composes and types routine correspondence.
10. Sends gift acknowledgement letters in a timely manner; Maintains office supplies and storage specific to department needs; Acts as representative of the MAT in determining response to inquiries and/or knowing when to direct to other staff members in the absence of MAT members.
Required Education: High School diploma or GED
Preferred Education: Associate’s or degree from a technical college in field related to administrative support
Required Experience: 2 years’ related experience and/or training in development, fundraising, and sales
Preferred Experience: Experience in development, fund-raising or sales and use of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT Software; nonprofit; senior living or long-term care sector; as a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Business travel is a requirement of position; proof of valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
If personal vehicle is used to transport self or others; proof of insurance of $100,000 single limit of liability
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more