Nurse Team Lead
- 101 Sexton Way, Midway, KY 40347, USA
Founded in 1884, Christian Care Communities is Kentucky’s largest faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of affordable senior retirement living and long-term care for Older Adults.
The Nurse Team Lead is primarily responsible for supervising nursing activities and provides direct nursing care during assigned duty hours while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
Clinical Management of Residents
- Observes resident conditions, makes clinical rounds, and ensures follow up on clinical requests.
- Provides staff education as assigned by the Director of Nursing (DON).
- Monitors staffing patterns and addresses with adjustment of assignments, supports the Scheduler/Central Supply Coordinator
- Performs audits as assigned by DON.
- Tracks the 24 – Hour Report to identify changes in condition, issues that need further investigation, assessment and / or intervention and notifications to Medical Director (MD) and resident representative.
- Participates in the following meetings as directed:
- Daily clinical meeting
- Reviews admissions records for completion of data following the admission process, ensuring smooth transitions of care.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to resident, family and staff concerns.
- Monitors and ensures completeness of resident documentation including but not limited to; intake, fluid, weights, skin assessments, Activities of Daily Living (ADL) charting and skilled nursing notes.
- Participates in the On-Call schedule as required and provides direct care as scheduled.
- Observes new employee orientation to the unit, new employee’s progress and performance; Provides constructive feedback and identifies strengths / weaknesses and goals for improvement. Assists with the new hire orientation process as assigned.
- Personifies outstanding customer service to co-workers, clients and vendors by acting as a subject matter resource in a timely, considerate and friendly manner, always maintaining the “Golden Rule” approach; practices patience and kindness.
- Required Education: Associates degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Preferred Education: Bachelors’ degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Required Experience: 2 years’ experience in long-term care; supervisory experience in acute care, sub-acute or long term care
- Required License: Licensed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
- Preferred Certification: Certified Wound Care Nurse or ability to become certified within 6 months of employment
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.