General Service Automotive Technician
- Austin, TX
Christian Brothers Automotive
America's Number 1 Automotive Repair Franchise!
Our mission is simple – Love your neighbor as yourself.
Christian Brothers Automotive was built on the basic principle that honesty and integrity should be the driving force behind the business. Our facilities are owned and operated by our valued franchisee partners, and are equipped with technology normally only found in newer dealership service centers. With this combination, you can enjoy a clean, upbeat work environment with access to the tools you need to get the job done right the first time.
Location: Buda, TX
JOB TITLE: General Service Technician
Are you looking for an automotive repair facility that offers:
- An honest, clean, fast paced environment?
- Access to industry leading on-line technical support like Alldata, Identifix and Motologic, plus an exclusive technical forum and continuous technical education?
- The latest in diagnostic equipment?
- AND how about one that also provides EVERY WEEKEND off?
Take Pride in Where You Work and Apply NOW!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a General Service Technician at Christian Brothers Automotive you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Automotive maintenance and repair work such as oil changes, brake inspections, battery and charging system electronic checks, vehicle courtesy inspections, vehicle test drives, shuttle service driving, etc.
- Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by management, i.e. employee handbook and any addendum issued or posted at any time.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities as outline in the General Service Technician job description..
- Maintain a positive attitude with strong team work at all time.
- Act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty, integrity, and respectfulness to management, staff and customers.
- Inspect vehicles and provide recommendations for maintenance and repair, including parts list needed to perform recommended services as well as hours required to perform those services using the Alldata labor guide.
- Perform brake service, alignments, belts, hoses and flush services.
- Adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations regarding shop operation and safety.
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning functions in the shop and office.
- Perform thorough Courtesy Inspections on all vehicles as requested.
- Perform customer shuttle service driving using the company shuttle vehicle.
We prefer a high school or equivalent diploma. Candidates must exhibit honesty and integrity, be hardworking, self-motivated, team oriented, have the ability to learn & adapt, possess and maintain a positive attitude at all times. They must possess knowledge and experience in automotive systems maintenance and repair, and the ability to use computer systems for information entry and retrieval. ASE certifications are a plus. Must possess a valid driver's license, in good standing.
The ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The ability to stand for 10 hours per day, 5 days a week.The ability to lift and carry a minimum of 40 pounds. The ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
Christian Brothers Automotive Corporation (CBAC) is an industry leader focused on providing the highest level of customer service! CBAC was founded in 1982 by current CEO/President, Mark Carr, on the basic principle that honesty and integrity should be the driving force behind the business. Today CBAC currently has 150+ locations nationwide with an expansion rate of 10-20 new store openings annually.
Christian Brothers Automotive Corporation is committed to being the RECOGNIZED leader in the automotive service industry. In an effort for continuous improvement, we are always evaluating our educational programs for our Technicians and Service People.
If you are team oriented, have the above qualifications and enjoy a high-volume, fast paced work environment, this position may be for you! Apply today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.