Jr. Data Engineer
- Houston, TX, USA
Christian Brothers Automotive Corporation (CBAC) is a full service, premium level automotive repair franchisor based in Houston, Texas and recently earned the honor of ranking #1 in Customer Satisfaction for Aftermarket Automotive Repair by J.D. Power for the second year in a row. Well known for its motto,"Love your neighbor as yourself", CBA supports over 235 franchise locations across 30 states with another 35 in development across 6 additional states. Strategic expansion has been steady around 10% annually. But we are not just focused on growth - we are focused on manageable growth at a pace maintaining the highest standard of quality.
The Junior Data Engineer is an entry-level cross functional technical position that will help Christian Brothers Automotive collect, administer, and manipulate data to help business units make informed decisions. This role will bridge the gap between various data sources and our Business Intelligence tool, Domo.
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to connect and maintain data sources into our Domo instance.
- Create, edit and maintain ETL/ELTs to transform input datasets to desired output datasets.
- Connections often used include, but are not limited to, Quickbooks files, JSON, CSV, MySQL, APIs and much more.
- Administer data loading tool Domo Workbench which houses 1000+ jobs.
- Administer user provisioning to Domo instance and OneLogin for the organization
- Oversee billing and training for users of our Domo instance.
- Monitor, maintain and periodically troubleshoot data integrity issues that occur on our internal sales reporting web application.
- Validate and QA data to attest for accuracy.
- Generate periodic reports or dashboards for executive leadership.
- Assist on various duties as directed by the management.
- Proficient in SQL/MySQL query writing, comfortable creating database schemas and have an understanding of data transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new software and technology
- Strong written and verbal communication and technical skills
- Highly organized, efficient and agile in tasks amidst a busy environment
- Responsible, dependable, quick learner
- Upbeat, fast paced, energetic, team-oriented
- Able to prioritize effectively and act/delegate accordingly
- Can stop/start multiple tasks and pick up where left off quickly
- The ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast paced environment
Education & Experience
- 1-2 years of experience working with SQL databases
- Experience in using BI tools: Domo, Tableau, PowerBI, or equivalent
- Python programming knowledge preferred, but not required
- Proficient in web tools, Microsoft or Google office suites
- Proficient in Email, Calendar and task tracking software
- BA/BS is preferred, but not required
Accountable to the Brand, including the Franchisees, Technology Solutions team, Home Office team, Leadership team, and ultimately the company President. The Jr. Data Engineer will report directly to the Manager of Data Engineering.
This position will be located in the Home Office headquarters in Houston, Texas. We have a culture of dedication, excellence, and camaraderie that really sets us apart.
Special conditions during the pandemic are in place where all team members are allowed to work remotely.
Travel is not typical.
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Working at a traditional office workstation for 8 hour days
- Operating standard office computers and telecommunications equipment
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Working beyond “standard” hours as the need arises
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. CBAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CBAC maintains "At-will" employment practices.