WEEKENDS OFF General Service Technician / Mechanic - Sharpsburg
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Christian Brothers Automotive
- WEEKENDS OFF TO SPEND TIME WITH FAMILY!
- HEALTH INSURANCE AVAILABLE!
- PAID VACATION AND PAID HOLIDAYS!
- FREE TRAINING AND CAREER GROWTH!
America's Number 1 Automotive Repair Franchise!
Our mission is simple – Love your neighbor as yourself.
Christian Brothers Automotive was built on the basic principle that honesty and integrity should be the driving force behind the business. Our facilities are owned and operated by our valued franchisees, and are equipped with technology normally only found in newer dealership service centers. With this combination, you can enjoy a clean, upbeat work environment with access to the tools you need to get the job done right the first time.
Job Title: General Service Technician
Location: 5020 East Hwy 34, Sharpsburg, GA 0277
Are you looking for an automotive repair facility that offers:
- An honest, clean, fast paced environment?
- Technical support, access to an exclusive technical forum and encourages continuous education?
- The latest in diagnostic equipment and a steady work load?
- Or how about one that also provides EVERY WEEKEND off to spend with your family?
Take Pride in Where You Work and Apply NOW!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a General Service Technician at Christian Brothers Automotive, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- All Maintenance work such as oil changes, tire rotations, suspension alignments, etc.
- Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by the management, i.e. employee’s handbook and any addendum issued or posted at any time.
- Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all time.
- To act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty, integrity, and respectfulness.
- Each employee must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations as well as all city, county and state regulations regarding shop safety, fuel spill clean up or other flammable or hazardous material.
- Assist in all housekeeping functions as directed by management.
- Examine vehicle and discuss with service writer/service manager the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction. Provide recommendations for repair, parts list needed to perform recommended repairs and hours required to perform the repairs using industry standard labor guides. Provide list of all items needing attention, whether maintenance, safety or other.
- Perform a thorough Courtesy Inspection on all vehicles when approved by the customer.
- Insure all under-car, under-hood and preventive maintenance inspections and reports are complete and accurate.
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack or lift, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle, using proper equipment and safety procedures.
We prefer a high school or equivalent diploma. Candidates must exhibit honesty and integrity, be hardworking, self-motivated, team oriented, have the ability to learn & adapt, possess and maintain a positive attitude at all times. They must possess knowledge and experience in automotive systems maintenance and repair, and the ability to use computer systems for information entry and retrieval. ASE certifications are a plus. Must possess a valid driver's license, in good standing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any applicant in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the GS Technician must:
- Occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
- Be able to work with tools on vehicles lifted above their head.
- Work in tight spaces as dictated by the vehicle's needed repair.
- Have the needed dexterity in order to efficiently use hand-tools
- Walk/stand for the majority of the workday.
- Drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Keeping a brisk work pace in a high-volume environment.
- Efficiently navigate a computer.
- Work Monday - Friday with hours of operation from 7am to 6pm.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Christian Brothers Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Christian Brothers Automotive locations practice "At-will" employment practices.