Accounts Payable Specialist
- Houston, TX, USA
Our organization seeks to create an uncommonly great experience for customers in need of auto service and repair. Christian Brothers Automotive was founded in 1982 on the principles of honesty and integrity. Our Home Office Team supports over 200 locations all across the country. We strive for excellence in service as the #1 Automotive Repair Franchise in the country. We have a great culture, great mission, and a great time supporting our stores.
In Summary, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for monitoring different outflows of capital for the company.
- Review expense reports for completeness and accuracy and ensures expenses meet company policy.
- Codes invoices, vouchers, check requests, etc., according to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Assists with monthly status reports and monthly closings.
- Handle vendor inquires & correspondence including vendor setup.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include obtaining the proper approvals, verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Calculates and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years minimum Accounts Payable experience required.
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification preferred.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Christian Brothers Automotive Corporation (CBAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CBAC maintains "At will" employment practices. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.