Environmental Services Aide - Part-Time
- 2501 Rice Lake Rd, Duluth, MN 55811, USA
Welcome to Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center. The care and service we provide is guided by five core values: hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor, resulting in a vibrant care community focused on the dignity, rights and individual capacity of each person.
Residents come to us at challenging times in their lives – following surgery or an extended hospital treatment, or after events have altered their lives at home. We understand the personal impact caused by significant life and health changes and are committed to care that makes our residents feel reassured and fulfilled.
A professional staff provides focused rehabilitation services and our dedicated memory care and palliative care teams attend to individuals with special needs around the clock.
The purpose of the Environmental Services Aide / Housekeeping is to ensure a sanitary, clean, and safe physical environment in which residents, staff, and families can function.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork and equipment and dust-mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
- Operates mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, shampooers and related environmental service equipment.
- Wet-mops rooms, halls and other areas; shampoos rugs and furniture.
- Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, doorframes and other areas.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified bags or containers.
- Buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors.
- Moves furniture and other objects as required.
- Performs cleaning procedures of resident rooms and prepares rooms for new occupants; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls.
- Makes supply packs for departments and puts linen stacks in carts for distribution. Takes supply requests and delivers them.
- Delivers linens to areas according to pre-established par levels and schedules. Distributes emergency supplies as needed.
- Keeps records of linen distribution; checks floor linens supplies and lists linen use by department.
- Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Shovels snow at all exits and ramps if / when directed.
- Assists with evacuations, when needed.
- Ensures equipment and supplies are properly stored and not in corridors.
- Properly handle spills and may clean floors and chairs after each meal.
- May be responsible for collecting solid linens, washing, drying, and folding of linen.
- Discard infected/contaminated linens or waste in appropriate containers.
- Follows proper safety procedures with all hazardous materials, chemicals, etc.- always seeks clarification from manager if unsure of proper processes, procedures, or if help is needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience as a housekeeper or equivalent position.
- Experience in cleaning and maintaining sanitary environments.
Availability & Attendance
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including proper timeclock usage.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures.
Your information will be kept confidential.