Staffing Coordinator / Scheduler - Full-Time
- 2501 Rice Lake Rd, Duluth, MN 55811, USA
Welcome to Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center. The care and service we provide is guided by five core values: hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor, resulting in a vibrant care community focused on the dignity, rights and individual capacity of each person.
Residents come to us at challenging times in their lives – following surgery or an extended hospital treatment, or after events have altered their lives at home. We understand the personal impact caused by significant life and health changes and are committed to care that makes our residents feel reassured and fulfilled.
A professional staff provides focused rehabilitation services and our dedicated memory care and palliative care teams attend to individuals with special needs around the clock.
The purpose of the Staffing Coordinator/Scheduler is to perform the staffing functions in accordance with proper systems and established community procedures and methods. This position exercises discretion and independent judgment in matters of scheduling of nursing staff within budget and matrices. This position also provides administrative assistant support to the Director of Nursing or Nursing department.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilization of SmartLinx software to:
- Prepare and maintain work schedules in accordance with established PPD, budgeted hours, resident needs
- Manage recordkeeping to ensure staffing in accordance with established standards that includes management of call ins and replacements, and attendance
- Maintain records related to time off requests, approvals and denials, tardiness, missed punches in accordance with established procedures and provides reports to the Director of Nursing
- Maintains data and reports related to schedules, daily staffing, and hours for hours reporting management internally and externally
- Ensures the accurate capture of time and time off for effective transfer to the payroll system. Provide status, pay and leave changes for the HRIS and Payroll system.
- Completes payroll records every two weeks, including entries for vacations, PL, sick days, CEU’s and review of time cards
- Daily labor management to include PPD tracking/assurance, tracking overtime and bonuses
- Daily correction of missed nursing employee punches/tracking of missed lunches/breaks
- Employee communication/coaching for excessive errors in time reporting
- Approval and tracking of PTO/Vacation
- Coordination of FMLA and other leave requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a business or healthcare related field (such as accounting, finance, management, nursing etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in long-term care account preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer sources.
- Advanced computer / Point Click Care experience preferred.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures.
This position is full-time: 5AM-5:30PM (flex weekdays + every other weekend rotation)
Are you a person who pays attention to detail, has an outgoing personality, likes to have fun while at work and is a team player? Please apply! We're looking for someone like you!