Junior Web Developer
- Calgary, Canada
Chirp Media, Inc is a creative technology company working with a range of clients in Canada. We design and manage successful brands through projects that include print design, website development, app development, social media and promotional work.
With many innovative projects on the go, Chirp Media, Inc. is in need of a part time Junior Web Developer who can work with our team, clients and partners. There is a great opportunity to work on a wide range of projects; everything from corporate design to mobile and web applications.
Who are you?
- A developer at the core, you are passionate about what you do and you share a vision for quality, integrity and efficiency.
- You understand the impact your effort has on the success of the project, the company and the customers we serve.
- You are always on the lookout for best practices and new resources to share.
- You are excited about our business and are up for tackling the learning curve to be able to contribute and bring value to our team.
What will you do?
- Develop a variety of responsive web experiences including e-commerce and CMS based sites.
- Identify risks and contribute to mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure business and user requirements are met.
- Develop skills in cross browser and device testing.
- Assist with the set up and maintenance of any environments required for projects, including code delivery and integration.
How will you do it?
- With your personable approach, clear concise communication and your ability to make decisions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- With your top notch coding ability and eagerness to learn.
- Through active collaboration with the support of the team.
- Understanding of Agile Development Practices
- Experience with Git
- Familiarity with content management and e-Commerce systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Spree and Shopify.
- You value UX and design and have a good knowledge of web architecture.
- Attention to details, especially in spotting differences between design and implementation.
- You are organized, resourceful and thrive on taking ownership of projects. When you encounter a difficult challenge, you know when and what questions to ask.
- Experience building native mobile applications in Objective-C, Swift, or Java
- Experience developing with Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing with AngularJS or NodeJS
- API Development & Deployment with best RESTful Practices
- Clean Professional Resume or CV accompanied by a Cover Letter
- URL or Attachments of your best work
Chirp Media uses a multi-stage hiring process only successful candidates will be contacted, all candidates will be requested to perform a skills assessment test prior to any job offer.