Indirect Tax Specialist EME
- Route Suisse, Etoy, Switzerland
Chiquita is a leading global company with 20,000 employees across 30 countries. We are passionate about our nutritious, high-quality, energy-rich and value-added bananas.
Chiquita's products are sold in nearly 70 countries around the world. Chiquita Brads International grows, procures, markets and sells bananas and other fresh fruits under the Chiquita brand and other names.
This position is an integral part of the European tax team, and member of the global Chiquita tax team. The incumbent has direct responsibility and will be the main point of contact for the indirect tax management (VAT, Eco-tax, etc) in the Europe and Middle East region.
- Responsible for preparing and/or arranging for the timely submission of all VAT returns together with other VAT compliance related matters for the European entities of the group
- Responsible for preparing VAT reconciliations
- Assist in ensuring VAT efficiency of supply chain
- Assist in evaluating and in the implementation VAT processes for existing and new business lines
- Assisting in managing international tax authorities enquiries and VAT related controversy and draft responses
- Ad hoc VAT planning and project work
· Responsible for the Eco-taxes compliance
- Assist (high level) with issues related to Custom duties.
- 5 years of VAT experience (Big4 Experience is a plus)
- Exposure to VAT in multiple European countries and with cross-border transactions;
- Knowledge of JD Edwards environment is a plus
- Past experience with Workflow Manager (Thomson Reuters) and Vertex or Sabrix is a plus
- University degree in Accounting or Law (advanced degree, CPA, LLM or equivalent desirable)
English is a requirement, any other EU language will be considered a plus
The successful candidate will be:
· Solutions driven allied to an excellent work ethic
· Capability to work in a demanding environment and with deadlines
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication.
What we offer:
- Collaboration with a worldwide known, international company
- Modern office in Étoy, VD
- Demanding position with many tasks
- Opportunities of development