Retail Sales and Service Shift Lead (Part-time)
- Chicago, IL
The Chicago Architecture Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. The Chicago Architecture Foundation presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.
In this role, you will provide superior customer service and promote the Chicago Architecture Foundation brand to a diverse customer base.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Spend 95% of work day on the sales floor working with staff and providing outstanding guest service to customers.
- Accurately make cash change and early deposits as needed.
- Open and close the store as scheduled strictly adhering to established procedures and guidelines.
- Accurately count banks and prepare cash drawers at opening.
- Assist Sales & Service Associates with customer service issues.
- Monitor selling floor zones, register terminals, and lunch break schedules for staff.
- Ensure staff is following store policies including proper attire.
- Ensure store has sufficient supplies for the business day and store is ready for customers by opening.
- Check that the product shelves, tables, and cases are full, neat, and clean.
- Assist the Manager of Sales & Service /Assistant Managers of Sales & Service implement sales, register and training procedures.
- Work with the Assistant Manager of Sales & Service/Buyer regarding customer special orders.
- Monitor the hold area for proper forms and clear out the expired holds daily.
- Work with the Assistant Manager of Sales & Service on presentation, displays, and signage.
- Assist in all areas of the annual physical inventory.
- Communicate daily, weekly and monthly sales goals for the store.
- Accurately close down the registers and print out the final reports.
- Communicate and register shortages or inventory discrepancies to the Manager of Sales & Service and Assistant Managers of Sales & Service.
- Responsible for securing the store and the office safe at the end of the day.
- Communicate any operations, IT issues in writing for the next day opening manager.
- Ensure that the docent sign-in sheet is available at opening.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Prompt, courteous, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and consistent customer friendly attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with the public, CAF members, employees, docents and volunteers.
- Detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task, good decision-making and communication skills, maintains calmness under high pressure.
- Available to work a flexible 24 to 30-hour work week, including weekends.
- Able to lift and move 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- High level of comfort with technology is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of retail experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of retail supervisory experience preferred.
Chicago Architecture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.