Manager of Operations and Research
- Suite 430
The Chicago Architecture Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. The Chicago Architecture Foundation presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.
Position Title:Manager of Operations and Research
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Position Summary: Ensures accuracy, integrity and efficiency of Raiser’s Edge database, provides data segmentation to inform fundraising strategies, performs prospect research, manages monthly reconciliation process with Accounting.
Reports to: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Working Relationships: Works closely with all members of Institutional Advancement as well as Marketing/Membership, Tour, Programs, and Accounting departments
- Review and revise current Raiser’s Edge procedures to achieve optimum efficiency
- Implement maintenance and upgrades to database as necessary
- Develop and oversee best practices process for recording, acknowledging and tracking donations received via mail, online and CAF store
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and practices that direct actions of moves management
- Provide segmented donor and prospect lists to inform strategies of membership and individual giving staff
- Work with Accounting and Chief Financial Officer to ensure accurate and timely reconciliation
- Perform prospect research utilizing wealth screening and online resources
- Aid in organization’s efforts to integrate multiple data and financial management software systems (Patron’s Edge, Patron’s Edge Online, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Staff development and CAF events as necessary (some weekend and evening availability expected)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Expert in Raisers Edge with 3 to 5 years database management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Chicago Architecture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.