Director of Individual Giving
- Suite 430
The Chicago Architecture Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. The Chicago Architecture Foundation presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.
Position Title: Director of Individual Giving
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Supervises: Coordinator of Individual Giving
Working Relationships: Works closely with all members of Institutional Advancement, Exhibitions, Youth Programs, Adult Programs, Marketing, Membership, Tour and Accounting departments. Also works with President and CEO to prepare for donor cultivation and stewardship visits.
Overall Responsibility: Responsible for securing contributions from individuals and private family foundations to support CAF programs, exhibitions and general operations. Also responsible for implementing exceptional donor relations, stewardship and communications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- With VP and CFO, establish annual revenue goals based on institutional plans and fundraising landscape, also provide monthly report on progress toward achieving goals
- Collaborate with marketing/membership to create and evaluate strategies for member to donor conversion
- Ensure excellent relationship management/donor stewardship across all individual constituencies: member, donor, Burnham Society, Major Gift donor, etc.
- Act as primary contact for Burnham Society, establish engagement and stewardship strategies including annual event plan
- Act as primary contact for Auxiliary Board, oversee fundraising activities
- Organizes and participates in cultivation and solicitation meetings and site visits
- Supervises and addresses professional development needs of Coordinator of Individual Giving
- Works with Manager of Data and Research to identify new Burnham Society prospects
- Directs Coordinator of Individual Giving in maintaining fundraising calendar, fundraising database, and constituent management
- Proactively communicates with program and exhibit staff by facilitating fundraising meetings with each program department
- Works with the Board development committee to identify and solicit new individual donor prospects; acts as support staff to the committee
- Oversees all donor stewardship activities, including acknowledgements, and stewardship reports
- Directs information gathering and interpretation for annual report and other promotional materials
Skills and Attributes
- Must be a self-starter and creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills, including superior grammar and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Strong desire and motivation to see CAF’s initiatives succeed
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
Education and Experience Requirement
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Raisers Edge with 1 to 3 years experience
Chicago Architecture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.