National Account Manager (Remote)
- Austin, TX, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The National Account Manager for Checkpoint’s Inventory Control Solutions will help retailers and brand owners become more profitable and efficient. As the National Account Manager, you will be responsible for growth of our solutions leading national retail clients for all Checkpoint Inventory Control Solutions including EAS, RFID and IoT. Reporting to the Vice President of North American Sales, you will own the accounts identified and be responsible for business case development, deliverables, training, communication, revenue growth, and profitability. You may be responsible for managing accounts and / or growing the business by securing new accounts.
- Develop and lead the customer sales strategy, resource coordination, and meeting or exceeding the revenue and profit expectations for designated strategic national accounts.
- Manage revenue and growth opportunities within assigned and new accounts
- Foster long lasting, positive working relationships between the accounts and Checkpoint
- Set the expectation of the “can do” Checkpoint culture of cooperation, coordination, and execution within your accounts.
- Drive collaboration and teamwork between the customer and Checkpoint personnel
- Devise strategies to effectively close the sale of new products and determine a mutually beneficial and profitable pricing structure
- Understand the customer and their needs, and effectively work with product management team to offer insight and intelligence with respect to customer demands
- Conduct account reviews to keep management updated on key progress indicators
- Serve as the primary contact for your accounts
- Ensure complete support and visibility around the company’s highest value customers
- Offer the greater Checkpoint team new insights from your clients that may be transferable to other customer & industries
- Liaise with Product Management, R&D, and Engineering to set and implement strategies for new products and services
- Budget and forecast sales for the customer volume, revenue, and timing
- Research customer’s pain points to review the current trends, identify competition and identify new solution opportunities, and to hold the relevant “Customer Innovation Sessions between customer, LOB’s and R&D and then to drive our Innovation Programs
- Provide first class customer service and care
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or IT related field.
- Master’s Degree, a plus
- Formal Sales training, a plus
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in sales, with large/national account responsibility for at least 3 years
- Experience in technology (enterprise, supply chain, store level) into the retail sector is highly preferred
- Bonus points if you have experience in:
- Retail as part of loss prevention, store operations, IT, or supply chain
- Customer service or related field experience
- RFID and retail sales
- Global account experience
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain and grow strong customer relationships
- Proven ability to sell complex solutions as well as a variety of hardware & specialty products
- Experience in sales with both short and long sales cycles times, a plus
- Solid understanding of current technologies used in retail
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal teams to effectively deliver excellent service and increase sales
- Ability to engage in market research and business planning
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to influence others by effectively using data
- Experience identifying and acquiring new customers and acquiring new sales
- Creative in finding solutions to problems
- Understanding of demand planning and supply chain and the importance of accurate forecasting
- Experience partnering with Product Management to offer insights and intelligence defining and anticipating customer needs
- Financial and business savvy, ability to communicate a business case
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter, and deliver results in an autonomous fashion
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.