Project Support Specialist, Field Service - Anywhere East Coast (Remote)
- Charlotte, NC, USA
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Field Service Project Support Specialist provides overall services to our internal and external customers by supporting complex Checkpoint installations and products across the United States. The Specialist delivers high level of product proficiency and technical training to the Field Service team and will assist in resolving escalated issues.
- Supports complex installations of Checkpoint’s products and systems.
- Maintains accurate parts inventory.
- Maintains daily requirements for documentation, SAP system updates, and timely communications.
- Practices safety procedures and always demonstrates safety standards .
- Provides enhanced training to customers on the use of systems.
- Works with internal services department and assigned field resources to ensure service and installation standards and responsiveness are met.
- Assists in training and developing of new field employees and subcontractors.
- Interfaces with customers to resolve escalated installation and service issues.
- Reviews and implements quality control processes within the area to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Provides site surveys, photos, and related documentation for sales/services as required.
- Interfaces with other departments to maximize efficiencies, effectiveness, and profitability throughout the installation and service process.
- Works with other field resources and internal departments to meet established goals and objectives.
- 2 year AA degree or BSET in electronics, equivalent military training or industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Field Service experience
- Experience with electronic test equipment and digital meters.
- Hands-on experience EAS and RFID systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Network Certification a plus.
- Valid driver’s license in current state of residence.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical documentation.
- Understanding of customer requirements.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, e-mail).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to produce quality work.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate technical issues and corrective actions to customers.
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs and 25 lbs overhead.
- Ability to operate a circular saw to cut floors for wire routing.
- Ability to work on lifts, ladders and new and existing construction sites.
- Ability to travel for service or installation projects. Time in transit approximately 40%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.