- Thorofare, NJ, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Software Engineer will be part of the Software team under the Research and Development team of Checkpoint Systems. The ideal candidate will responsible for developing and maintaining Azure cloud app services (Java language) and embedded services (PERL language).
Responsibilities will involve discussing, developing, integrating with firmware code, as well as developing and maintaining software that works with hardware. The REST APIs developed in embedded systems would be used by Cloud (Microsoft Azure) services and vice-versa. The responsibility also includes choosing the framework, discussing with the team members on the framework pros and cons, working on developing the micro services, REST API and UI, integrating with back end using REST API and testing the developed code. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills in order to communicate with team members, product managers, field service technicians, perform demos, etc. This person will be reporting to Software manager.
Job duties include:
- Developing and maintaining services, database, etc. in Azure Cloud
- Developing and maintain services in embedded system
- Providing estimates to given tasks, show progress of tasks, explain to team members, receive feedback and make corrections, test the code, work with QA team, work with Field Service, etc.
- Being ready to learn and work on new technologies and languages, and open for code review feedback
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer programming or equivalent. Note: If education is not in computer programming, the ideal candidate should be able to prove that computer programming has been a primary job.
- 3+ years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PERL or Python
- Java 8+
- Ready to work in multiple languages
- SQL (basic queries)
- REST API
- Unit testing & Integration testing
- Git or equivalent
- Mojolicious or equivalent (perl) - preferred
- Data analytics (Machine learning: Tensorflow or equivalent)
- Spring framework (java)
- Angular JS or equivalent
- Linux OS experience in advanced shell commands - Debian or Ubuntu
- Continuous integration and testing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.