- Thorofare, New Jersey, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
Checkpoint Systems is seeking a creative and tech savvy Model Maker to join the R&D team! In this position, you will support our engineering team by making parts and assembling functional models. We need an adaptable person who can adjust to various demands in a fast-paced environment. At times, a quick, rough-quality model will be needed for internal testing and, at other times, a very realistic, high-quality model for customers.
You must be a proactive problem-solver, good communicator, and a team player who pays attention to details. You will also be responsible for maintaining our in-house shop/lab including equipment, tools, machines, and overall environment. On occasion, it may be necessary to use fabrication equipment located at off-site facilities in order to meet our needs.
Our products are technology driven, intelligent solutions for inventory control and loss prevention. They are used worldwide for retail markets such as apparel, grocery, and electronic. They range in size from small handheld items to large freestanding systems.
- Fabricate and assemble components from raw materials (plastic, wood, metal) to a customer-level finished model
- Set up and run 3D printing equipment for the R&D team
- Modify, finish, and/or paint fabricated components
- Maintain tools, equipment, machines, and shop environment
- Occasionally work offsite (18 miles) where additional shop equipment is available
- Relevant Associates Degree or Technical School Diploma
- Valid driver’s license required
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of machining practices
- Ability to read engineering drawings (experience with SolidWorks a plus)
- Experience machining aluminum, steel and various plastics
- Experience with sheet metal forming tools
- Familiarity with operating a manual mill, lathe, and other standard shop tools
- Familiarity with 3D printing equipment (FDM, SLA)
- MIG, TIG Welding experience a plus
- Familiarity with electronics and ability to solder
- Experience using and operating pneumatic paint sprayer as well as mixing paints
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs and 25 lbs overhead.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.