Construction Project Engineer
- Hightstown, NJ 08520, USA
A global specialty packaging pioneer, CCL is the largest label company in the world and provides innovative solutions to the Home & Personal Care, Premium Food & Beverage, Healthcare & Specialty, Automotive & Durables and Consumer markets worldwide. The Company is divided into four reporting segments: CCL Label, Avery, Checkpoint, and Innovia.
CCL Label is the world’s largest converter of pressure sensitive and extruded film materials for decorative, functional and information labels. The business is CCL’s biggest reportable segment and represents CCL Container, CCL Tube, CCL Design, and CCL Secure. Customers include major global corporations in the consumer packaging, healthcare and consumer durable segments. CCL Label produces a wide range of specialty label products, including expanded content, WashOff, RFID, specialty electronics (CCL Design / CCL Design Electronics), promotional games and long life pressure sensitive films to protect or replace paint. It also produces highly-decorated extruded plastic tubes for premium brands in the personal care, cosmetic and healthcare markets.
Our Heritage – CCL Industries Inc. was founded in 1951 as Connecticut Chemicals Limited in Toronto, Canada. CCL Industries has evolved into the world leader in specialty packaging and labels.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
We are seeking a reliable, experienced, and energetic individual for a Construction Project Engineer position, to oversee renovation, construction and capital improvement projects for CCL Industries. Who will report directly to the Manager of Design & Construction Worldwide.
Must be able to travel.
- Oversee and direct construction and rehabilitation activities from conception to completion.
- Coordinate and direct Contractors and Subcontractors.
- Organize and manage architectural and engineering design consultants.
- Review and document work progress on a regular basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job progress and budget.
- Review all Lien Waivers on construction projects.
- Monitor schedules, project activities and identify efficiencies.
- Negotiate terms of agreements and draft contracts including defining scope of work.
- Ensure quality construction standards, the use of proper construction techniques and materials.
- Report directly to the Manager of Design & Construction Worldwide and advise on project requirements.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience in construction management.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant rules, regulations, building codes, quality standards, building products and construction detail.
- Thorough understanding of the construction process and a well-rounded knowledge of the various trades.
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively with a team and independently to achieve project goals.
- Proven ability to evaluate scope of work to determine if written to maximize the benefit of the project and ensure the compliance and completeness of construction documents.
- Proficient computer and administrative skills with advanced Microsoft Excel and estimating/budgeting/financial skills.
- Proficient in AUTOCAD – Must be able to create floor plans in Autocad.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively across diverse groups.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints.
- Must be able to travel.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive organization with strong career growth potential. We offer a competitive salary, 401K program with match, PTO, holidays and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. If you are looking for a career and not just another job, we want to hear from you; interviews will be conducted soon! Please respond with your updated resume, salary history and contact information.