Senior Firmware Engineer
- Thorofare, NJ, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 49 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Sr. Firmware Engineer is a hands-on design position engaged in the firmware development and sustaining of products supporting anti-theft and asset management devices in a retail environment. As part of a cross functional team, he or she has the responsibility for designing, implementing, testing, and supporting firmware controlling embedded processors in both wired and wireless networks. He or she will apply knowledge of embedded software, communications protocols, basic electronic circuits, signal processing, and wireless networks to perform their daily design tasks.
The Sr. Firmware Engineer is responsible for the development of embedded software system development. Responsible for providing substantive technical assistance in software development projects, including the design, coding, and testing of all embedded software system components (application development and kernel knowledge in Linux needed). The position reports to the Manager, Firmware Engineering.
- Specifying, designing, implementing, releasing, and supporting embedded software products for R&D software development department.
- Participating in embedded design projects from concept to production.
- Developing utilities, using C/C++, scripting in support of the embedded system development process using Linux.
- Supervising junior level developers or contract personnel in a senior level design/development role.
- Leading small interdisciplinary teams in completion of embedded software engineering project.
- Writing and executing Engineering / System test plan-cases.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- 6+ years of experience as an Embedded Software Engineer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++ and embedded real time C.
- Must have experience with Linux and embedded RTOS, including experience with 32-bit microprocessor architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers.
- Must have experience with Wireless and Wired technology viz. Ethernet (TCP/IP), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular.
- Experience with product specifications, systems analysis, microprocessor-based systems, and firmware design.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.