- Thorofare, NJ, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 49 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
This position combines creativity with logical thinking, involving technical, functional print templates that meet a high artistic standard. The daily work involves four major components, processing customer supplied artwork to meet a company standard, working with the product development team to create a print template from this art that will carry variable data, testing the templates, and finally deploying them to our global print production facilities. The role involves working with major US apparel retailers and will require creative insight to understand and possibly improve the aesthetic quality and brand identity needs. The result is to enable delivery of high quality, high volume price tags, labels, trim items and RFID products. Expand your expertise with this opportunity developing programs and layouts for thermal, laser, offset and digital printers.
- Build quality production art in various formats on a deadline
- Design variable data templates for offset, thermal and laser printing.
- Develop programs/scripts to manage data and control printer operations
- Follow internal global brand guidelines and customer brand guidelines when setting up production art
- Work independently on various creative assignments
- Design offset, thermal and laser layouts for variable data printing
- Efficiently use time to get results, juggle multiple tasks and understand priorities, develop resourceful solutions despite limited resources
- Use various software and printing equipment to test templates
- Ability to produce a volume of quality work with consistency and accuracy
- Have a creative eye and develop solutions for specific customer design needs.
- Understanding of print methods and materials available within the customer requirements
- Product knowledge and understanding of the production requirements and restrictions
- Learn new software and implement new processes
- Develop logic for print production making layouts equipped for various printers and encoders
- Distribute artworks, layouts, and templates globally within Checkpoint production network
- Support associated problems in production with local team and global print sites
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree and 2+years of experience, in either print or technical field.
- High Competency with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in Bartender, Nice Label or other variable layout tools.
- Experience with thermal printers, Zebra, Tec and laser printers.
- Familiarity with various file formats JPEG, PDF, basic image manipulation, and fonts.
- Familiarity with various programming languages XML, Visual FoxPro, SQL Server 2008, Java script, SQL queries, basic VB scripting, C# programming a plus.
- RFID experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Innovative and creative thinking to propose new solutions to challenging and complex issues.
- Computer and printer setup knowledge, installing drivers, troubleshooting and testing connections.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to produce quality work with good organization skills.
- Ability to work alone or on a team engaging with customers to devise products & solutions that produce superior value and performance.
- Computer knowledge for Mac using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Suite
- Ability to travel 5-10% mostly within North America, but some potential for periodic international
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.