Customer Service Representative
- Canton, OH, USA
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 49 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Customer Service Representative, at our Canton Location, is the day-to-day front line contact with the customer, supply chain, and sales management teams, responsible to accurately process and manage customer's orders.
- Processes orders, changes and adjustments timely and following company procedures.
- Communicates to customer and/or salesperson receipt of order in addition to any possible delays relating to back orders or credit issues.
- Answers Customer Service 800# and addresses customer inquiries
- Maintains up-to-date customer profiles & pricing in SAP
- Reviews EDI orders and advises manager of changes that need to be made to update tables for correct processing
- Works with Billing Team to ensure timely invoicing based on customer billing requirements.
- Assists Credit/Collections team on past due accounts
- Monitors open order status/progress to ensure on time shipment completion. Reviews Open Order reports & follows up with the shipping team and/or supply chain to resolve issues promptly.
- Communicates status/issues to customer and sales team regarding backorders.
- Seeks resolution to issues relating to freight on behalf of the customer
- Primary internal point of contact for customer, assisting Sales in managing & building the relationship.
- Learn and understand Alpha products.
- Attends meetings with Sales and Customer as needed
- Attends required Customer Service training
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business is preferred
- 1+ year of customer service experience is preferred
- Experience dealing directly with large Retail’s Purchasing and / or Loss Prevention Department is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Word required
- SAP or equivalent sales order processing systems experience preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with internal & external customers across all levels of an organization
- Strong attention to details
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to accurately enter data
- Ability to work under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
- Professional business demeanor
- Domestic transportation knowledge.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.