Technical Support Services Representative (Remote Position)
- Thorofare, New Jersey, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Technical Support Services Representative is a technical assistance resource primarily for the North American services organization field employees and/or authorized agents, providing telephone/electronic data support and analysis to field resources, customers, and corporate entities, as well as providing assessment of necessary repairs for returned EAS (electronic articular surveillance) equipment to include manufactured and purchased parts.
- Provides telephone/data support to direct field service employees and authorized agents who maintain Checkpoint’s EAS/RFID products and systems
- Provides technical support with inner office personnel on all systems, and for all Checkpoint authorized dealers and customers
- Analyzes traffic, exception, and alarm data from EAS/RFID customers for preemptive and real-time maintenance, troubleshooting or for customer presentation and usage
- Remotely accesses connected EAS/RFID customers for maintenance, data gathering, or monitoring purposes
- Records and maintains a log of support requests and resolutions in SAP
- Programming and testing of EAS boards & assemblies, power supplies, and Counterpoint deactivation devices
- Interfaces with other departments, vendors, and/or customers on service requests
- Assists the Purchasing department and/or vendors on the return of equipment under warranty and purchased parts
- Utilizes SAP, voicemail and email to facilitate communication and documentation of work performed
- Maintain database on DMS (Diagnostic Management Software) license users - provide DMS unlock codes for 3rd party service providers Installs and maintains Checkpoint’s products and systems
- Maintains accurate parts inventory
- Maintains daily requirements for documentation, SAP system updates and timely communications.
- Practices safety procedures and incorporates safety standards into all activities.
- Trains customers on the use of systems.
- Works with internal services department to ensure service and installation standards and responsiveness are met.
- Interfaces with customers to resolve installation and service issues.
- Provides site surveys, photos and related documentation for sales/services as required.
- Interfaces with other departments to maximize efficiencies, effectiveness and profitability throughout the installation and service process.
- Works with other field resources and internal departments to meet established goals and objectives while maintaining profitability within the North American Services Organization.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Associates Degree or BS degree in a technical capacity preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of technical support, field installation or service experience in related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office suit, intermediate level in excel, SAP and ability to Log in Failure & Repair information to Repair Center database for tracking purposes
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of RF and EAS systems
- Networked systems experience and certification(s)
- Ability to work remotely with minimum supervision or office atmosphere
- Solid problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to travel 5-10%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.