RFID Applications Lab - Drexel Co-op
- Thorofare, Nj, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Checkpoint RFID R&D Lab has global responsibility for the qualification and recommendation of RF, RFID and NFC products. Projects could include analysis of existing standard products, development of new product forms and evaluation and development of new technology related to our product portfolio.
What you will do:
- Have daily interaction with a variety of technical and business oriented experts including financial, sales, marketing, and manufacturing personnel through PhD level engineering experts and will need to have interpersonal skills suitable to successfully support the wide variety of people and cultures with whom they will interact.
- Learn new skills quickly such as testing equipment and procedures unfamiliar to them; learn, understand and potentially operate complex simulation software; write technical reports intended for consumption by customers, suppliers and business partners.
- Carry out all of the requests for project work assigned to them by the senior managers of the R&D Laboratory.
- Work rather independently.
Types of Projects
This role will involve a fair amount of unstructured work where creativity and problem solving ability will be important to successfully carry out projects. This kind of project may involve a variety of activities from web searches to preparing physical or schematic prototypes that have not been previously identified. Information needed to composite these kinds of prototypes may need to be discovered by the candidate from internal or external experts including suppliers, customers, industry publications, association standards or other sources.
The role will also involve structured work where testing protocols and methodologies will need to be carefully executed in order to derive meaningful results.
- RF/EE engineering or Materials Science Engineering
- Problem solving
- Detailed record keeping and data analysis
- Rigor in testing methodology, sample preparation and laboratory safety
- Statistics, analytics and mathematical computation
- Computer literacy in MS Office [Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum]
- Strong written and verbal skills, including telephone communications
Preferred studies in engineering, chemistry, biology, physics or similar.
** APPLICANTS ARE ONLY CONSIDERED IF THEY FIRST APPLIED THROUGH THE DREXEL CO-OP PLATFORM AND RECEIVED FOLLOW-UP COMMUNICATION **