Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Thorofare, NJ, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
Checkpoint Systems is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the R&D team at our corporate headquarters. In this position, you will develop new products from concept to production and support existing product lines. You will be required to take raw concepts to prototype quickly for proof of concept and for Voice of Customer feedback. Familiarity with DFM for machining, casting and injection molding a plus.
Our products are technology driven, intelligent solutions for inventory control and loss prevention. They are used worldwide for retail markets such as apparel, grocery, and electronic.
- Provide engineering support for Mechanical designs from concept sketch to manufacturing
- Design components for various mass production processes such as injection molding, sheet metal forming, machining, extrusion, vacuum forming, and casting
- Create 3D models, detailed mechanical drawings, and BOMs using SolidWorks
- Fabricate working physical prototypes for both proof of concept and customer facing VOC models
- Interface with multidisciplinary teams to develop next generation products for retail security
- Work with worldwide suppliers (both internal and external) and help to facilitate DFM and DFA
- Present mechanical design concepts to internal international project teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technologies
- Experience in industrial or consumer product design
- Solid Modeling and drafting experience with CAD tools such as SolidWorks, (Pro-E)
- Experienced in the creation and revision control of technical documentation
- Experienced with Analysis software tools (SolidWorks Simulation, Ansys, Mechanica)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Strong understanding of materials and production methods like injection molding, sheet metal stamping, vacuum forming, extrusion, casting
- Strong skills in design for manufacturing and design for assembly
- Ability to demonstrate fundamental engineering principles such as stress, thermal and tolerance stack analysis
- Familiarity with Rapid Prototyping materials and Techniques
- Team player who is willing to take over ownership for assigned duties and responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, will interact in a world wide operating R&D department
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.