Electronic Hardware RF Design Engineer
- Thorofare, NJ, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Electronic Hardware RF Design Engineer, as a member of our hardware team of experts, contributes to the design, development and deployment of RF and RFID Applications for our retail customers.
With little supervision, works creatively in a team-oriented environment to design solutions, meet deadlines, and complete difficult engineering assignments by demonstrating full competency in RFID & RF technology and applying these skills to our product portfolio.
The successful candidate will contribute to our innovation team, assist substantively in planning technical aspects of the development projects, and then executing to it. They are responsible for their deliverables and, together with the team, for the entire application.
- Contribute to the development of concept and design of hardware systems and interfaces for any and all projects. Assignments can be at individual-contribution level, team level, or a mix.
- Research solutions, review/analyze, validate/trouble-shoot and test products.
- Must be able to work in a cross functional team both locally and at an international level.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 2-5 years of experience with HF and UHF board level circuit design, simulation, layout and debug
- 2-5 years of experience with ADS or CST microwave tools
- Successful development of MCU based HF products according to international standards
- Designed and analyzed analog and digital RF HW
- Complete the layout of their own design and review & contribute to other team member designs
- Complete the validation of their design and of the entire application to prove requirements are achieved
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience with board level RF circuit design with HF/UHF Technology
- Experience with Bluetooth and WiFi technologies
- Experience with Signal Integrity analysis
- RFID understanding desired
Relocation assistance may be considered.