- Canton, OH, USA
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 49 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
This position is responsible for the day-to-day Quality processes and procedures, not only in manufacturing, but also at outside molders. This position will also serve as a back-up in the absence of the Quality Manager.
- Operates and programs Coordinate Measurement Machine.
- Acts as the backup to the Quality Manager in their absence.
- Performs all Quality Department functions (can be a backup to all functions in Quality), including, but not limited to:
- First article inspection of product for Manufacturing and New Product Development.
- Reviewing function and quality criteria of new and existing parts.
- Reading and understanding blue prints and drawings.
- Interfaces with Customer Service and other departments to ensure customer requirements are met and achieved.
- Trains employees to read engineering drawings and the metric system.
- Perform other duties and projects, as required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Associates degree Industrial, Plastic Technology or other related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment, plastics manufacturer is a plus.
- Prefer knowledge of Quality Systems and Procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work with all levels across the organization.
- Proper use of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use all hand gauges, calibers, micrometers, test fixtures and other inspection equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the development and use of control plans
- Solid computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of electronic functionality.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.