Senior Marketing Manager
- Thorofare, NJ, us
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Marketing lead will manage the U.S. marketing team and will develop and implement a range of marketing initiatives to meet organizational objectives, including engagement and involvement in U.S. sales front-line activities for all Checkpoint products. In addition, this position will be responsible for implementing key communication messages in all marketing activities and events.
A critical and large part of this position will be focusing on engagement marketing in our new Customer Experience Center.
Who you are: A thought leader in the RFID and the Internet of Things/Automation/Machine Learning space who is eager to help lead the charge in positioning Checkpoint as an industry forerunner as we further grow into this space.
- US marketing & selected corporate projects
- Directing engagement marketing through the Customer Experience Center
- Event strategy and coordination: Trade shows, conferences, on-site events
- Key messaging
- Value proposition
- Digital marketing
- Checkpoint website
- Manage US marketing team of 5
You will enhance brand awareness within industry through trade events by:
- Collaborating with leadership to support the clear communication of value at all industry tradeshows. Ensures effective and notable presence through creative and innovative communication vehicles that create ROI.
- Identifying industry speaking opportunities and aligning appropriate experts that can deliver supportive keynote presentations.
- Planning, managing and executing road shows as needed, including logistics, messaging, product demos, invitations, and all communication vehicles to ensure a memorable and positive customer experience.
- Planning, managing and executing selected customer events ensuring Checkpoint is well represented and key messages are delivered.
- Building and influencing Checkpoint website to ensure all key messages are kept current and informative.
You will manage the Customer Experience Center by:
- Acting as a face of the company to current and prospective customers visiting the Experience Center, speaking to the benefits of our hardware and software solutions.
- Determining what is and is not effective in generating experiential engagement.
You will manage and execute internal events by:
- Managing and develop teams to support sales meetings, including logistics, theme, tools, and other initiatives that help take the meeting from good to great.
- Planning, managing and executing all details of annual kickoff events. Coordinates with other regions to ensure consistent messaging and themes on a global level.
You will engage the sales force for front-line marketing efforts by:
- Developing a prioritization model for delivering marketing support to sales teams.
- Developing high impact messaging and customized presentation tools to address specific customer needs and differentiate from competition.
- Adding marketing point of view and expertise related to communications strategies through the involvement in customer meetings.
You will execute communication strategies by:
- Implementing communication platform through series of creative communication vehicles.
- Aligning North American communication efforts and identify ways in which efficiencies can be gained through increased synergy.
- Developing tools that ensure consistent delivery of key corporate messages.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on effectiveness of all initiatives.
You will manage and develop the Front-Line Marketing team by:
- Assigning roles and tasks based on individual strengths. Focuses on strengths to further develop and enhance for each individual.
- Developing a strong bench-strength with emphasis on collaboration and teamwork.
- Managing outside agencies, consultants, production vendors and other support personnel to provide efficient and effective outputs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic arts, communications or related field with 5+ years of front-line marketing experience.
- Experience with RFID, a MUST.
- Experiential marketing and event management.
- Personnel management experience.
- Multi-disciplinary experience in all aspects of marketing and sales support is required.
- Extensive experience in developing sales and/or capabilities presentations.
- Experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with one of more areas: Internet of Things, Automation, Machine Learning.
- Professional demeanor; earns trust of sales teams and executive management.
- Proficient in MS Office programs with advanced working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Capable of communicating ideas and insights effectively.
- Resourceful, adaptable, reliable, and efficient
- Ability to work with state-of-the-art technology products
- Demonstrable creative aptitude, strong vision and sound judgment.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal direct supervision.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Team player with positive energetic attitude.
Must be willing and able to travel, infrequently, up to ~10%.