- Thorofare, NJ, United States
Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience. Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
Join the Checkpoint Team! The DSP/FPGA Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing FPGA-based digital signal processing solutions for a variety of Checkpoint Systems EAS and RFID products. Working as part of a small talented multi-disciplinary team, you will be involved in ALL phases of projects and additional hardware engineering tasks.
- Architect, design, and test FPGA-based Digital Signal Processing solutions for cutting edge EAS and RFID systems
- Develop requirements and budgets for signal processing functions
- Support system & FPGA simulations, implementation, and verifications (in Matlab/Simulink, or equivalent)
- Implement DSP algorithms for FPGA (Xilinx) structures
- Provide risk assessments, suggest and execute feasibility investigations, and guidance for bringing new technology to market
- Communicate timely and accurate project status, provide alternate problem resolution ideas
- Discuss aspects of the design, provide risk assessments, suggest and execute feasibility investigations, and provide guidance on bringing new technology to market
- BS in Electrical Engineering; Master’s degree (MSEE) is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of design experience with architecting and implementing Digital Signal Processing Systems, functions and algorithms
- At least 5+ years of FPGA design experience using VHDL or Verilog
- FPGA design experience with synthesis, timing analysis and verification
- Experience with Modelsim, Matlab/Simulink or equivalent, Xilinx Vivado and Altera Quartus components, Git and development tools
- Detailed knowledge of implementing Finite Impulse Response (FIR & IIR) Filters, Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), Kalman filter, noise estimation, etc. design structures
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge at both simulation level (in Matlab/Simulink, or equivalent) as well as the implementation and verification level
- Must be flexible, organized, results-oriented, problem solver who requires minimal supervision.
- Must understand technology trends to suggest improvements for engineering design processes and engineering tools.
- Must have drive and the ability to thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges
- Familiarity with using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Literacy with real-time embedded software, especially debugging, is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal/written communications skills
Relocation assistance may be considered.