Staff Software Engineer - Risk & Identity Services
- CKO Department: Technology
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
As a Staff Engineer at Checkout.com in the Risk team, you will be providing expert technical leadership in the design of our cloud-based platform. You will help define the standards for our distributed architecture and work together with product and engineering leadership to define our technical and product roadmap. You are an expert in data processing and system design and will act as a coach and mentor, providing technical leadership to the engineering teams.
How you’ll make an impact
- Working as part of a cross-functional product team to develop solutions
- Taking ownership for and leading on technical and architectural decisions
- Gathering requirements and scoping out projects with the rest of the team
- Mentoring and developing other members of the team
- Actively promoting innovative thinking, designing processes that encourage more ideation
- Acting as a filter balancing risk and reward in measurable ways
- Driving continuous improvement in the team
- Expert level experience in designing and managing large, scalable, high throughput, highly available and fault-tolerant systems
- Dealing with data on high volume in a high availability production systems
- Expert level experience in Cloud-based application development (we use AWS)
- Experience with one or more of these technologies Spark, MapReduce, Airflow, Kafka, Key/Value Stores like DynamoDB, SQL DB's, SQS
- Fluent with SQL
- Experience in algorithm design and implementation or experience working with Machine Learning teams
- Strong knowledge and appreciation for software design and architecture
- Enthusiastic about delivery and experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Desire to work on an exciting product suite within a fast scaling technical business
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with FinTech, fraud detection or risk management systems is a significant plus
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/